Saturday, February 07, 2009

My commitment to make money with online poker

First of all I have to tell you that when I have started this experiment, I did not thought I should play online poker for a living. Then you might already know my bias toward Sit and Go, especially the Turbo version - being fast and favoring a cool tight/aggressive playing style.

Second, you shall know that I was never ever a big fan of reading about poker. Just read anything from David Kolb on learning for more clues why I believe experiment learning rules.Anyway, here are the facts. All games were €3+30c, 10 seat Turbo Hold'em on paradisepoker.com.

Ok, here's my commitment:

1. I will make+ €400 online in the next 30 days.
2. I will play Sit and Go Tournaments (STTs),
a. Turbo versions,
b. on 1 poker room only

The primary goal of making €400 per month breaks down to…
a. +€100 per week (playing every week)
b. or +€14,29 daily (playing every day)
c. or +€3,57 an hour, including waiting times (playing at least 4 hours a day)

Rules:
a. play in bundles – 5 or 10 games in a row, or at least 2 hours
b. do not play too late in the night – no game started later than 23 hrs (see 11 P.M.) as there will be not enough ’fish’ in the pond. If the pokerroom is in the same time zone or close by. The first poker room that I started to work on was one hour ahead of my time.
c. do not play when moody or got through quarrels – with my fiancee or anybody else
d. no bonuses or rakeback included – ok I want to make the money only from playing
e. play Speed versions first – when making the step up to the next level. This is rule is probably for the longer term. As of yet, due to insufficient player quantity on the poker room used for the commitment.
f. stop playing for the day after 20% of the bankroll is lost UPDATED: 14 Feb 2009, if you want to make money on the long term. Also, this draw down percentage will have to be decreased probably, with a larger bankroll.
g. no multi-task while playing
UPDATED: 14 Feb 2009, this will save you from calling with wrong hands or simply making bad decisions.

Starting bankroll: €42,06
Suitable size of STT buy in: €3+30c (14 buy in)

Will keep you updated...
1. First week's update

Read my disclaimer here.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a good set of rules there. Rules C and F are particularly important to stop you from going on tilt when hit you hit variance or just a bad run.

    Joel,
    www.pokerfudge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment Joel,

    The point C is harder to keep I believe :)...
    Now, playing a bit more aggressive and loose (adjusting my style) is making it really hard. But I am sure it will pay off on the long run.

    Dez

    ReplyDelete